Monday, December 15, 2008

A Slice of Inspiration: the Welk Outhouse (Just off to Your Left)

On the 12th day of Christmas, OPEC gave to me cheap gasoline. The $1.69-a-gallon carrot is being dangled, saying, “It’s safe for you SUVs to come out now and claim your lost summer vacation.” But with a fledgling economy, takers will, no doubt, pinch pennies … which brings us to soapbox Issue No. 10: visiting childhood homes of celebrities.

This train wreck always lurks between rest stops: You’re driving along, destroying dental work with Corn Nuts, washing it down ... FULL STORY

The REAL Story:
  • A Little Song & Dance with that Column?
    CLICK HERE

  • "A One and a Two and ..."
    Yep. I've driven past the Welk home ... more than once. Proud to say I was never sucked in. Nothing personal. As the article suggests, it's the principle of the matter ... I'm waaaaay too protective of my wallet.

  • Taking Swipes at the Tour Guide
    Confession: I wouldn't mind being your tour guide for one day, then writing about it.

  • Tossing Dad's Socks out the Window
    Guilty. Dad marched me outside, pointed to the polyester pile and said, "How did that get there?" He didn't buy the 'ol gust-o-wind-blew-them-out-the-window routine. My whoopin' that day was epic.

  • Orbit Maui Melon Mint Gum
    Try it now and be forever changed. Really, really.

email: ifguyscouldtalk@hotmail.com

No comments: