Monday, December 1, 2008

You Got Your Soup Face On?

It’s that time of year again: soup time. The living dead (among us) have survived another Black Friday free-for-all, and the all-you-can-eat turkey noodle soup lovefest is suddenly ... FULL STORY

The REAL Story:
  • Good Tomato Basil Trips (to Date)
    Notable tomato basil hot spots: The Walrus (Bismarck, ND), The Rapids (Grand Lake, CO) and The Sagebrush (Grand Lake, CO). DO NOT under any circumstance buy canned tomato basil. Been there, done that. Lived to tell about it ... but just barely.

  • Sneaking into MENSA
    Yeah, right. My IQ is only 140. According to a recent free, online test, I'm smarter than the president. Maybe. Maybe not. I know I'm not bright enough to be the water boy at any sanctioned MENSA event.

  • Regarding Nasty Films
    Am I the only one who ever had to eat water-based tomato soup? The only survivor? Surely some other poor soul has a Campbell's war story or two.

  • A Little Music with That Column?
    CLICK HERE

email: ifguyscouldtalk@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Posy said...

I feel your pain. I love soup! In fact, if I ate nothing but soup from December through March, I would still be craving it in April.

My love of soup inspired a soup-only cookbook purchase. I love most of the recipes, but the time some of my favorites take to make them is just not conducive to my life.

Rather than making my favorites I make the 5-7 ingredient soups whose flavors pale in comparison to those with 18-20.

Well, I know what's for dinner tomorrow.