Sunday, August 24, 2008

Readers' Choice, Special Edition

WARNING: my 2nd, and perhaps last, political column. Don't like politics? Scroll down to "Death Becomes Him: the College Roommate" for your weekly laugh.

Today's Column: Beware the "Spirit of Party"
Our Olympic host, the “People’s Republic,” had its game face on: looking dignified, tolerant, civil. But underneath the plastic smiles, memories of ... FULL STORY


Backstory:
  • My 1st political column "made the fridge", or so one reader told me. Write more political columns, she urged.

  • Politics isn't 24x7 for me - a la CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, etc. I can only handle about 5 minutes of it before my ears turn red.

  • Thanks to my friends Chet, Pam & Frank, my brother Mike, my mother and Stick Girl for their 2 cents on this piece.
  • The Democratic National Convention is 67 miles away from where I sit; the RNC is even further; I won't be attending either. I might watch a few minutes of each ... IF I can stomach them.

  • Why can't we strive for the country of our forefathers - a United States that was created on ideals, not "realities"? I hold out hope for that America. Am I alone?

ifguyscouldtalk@hotmail.com

No comments: