Monday, August 18, 2008

No Nightmares, Just Wide-Eyed Regrets


It’s 1 AM. Sleep defies me.
It’s the pillow, the cotton-poly bed sheets, the stupid Sleep Number Bed. I’m not a 11 or a 37 or an 86. Fat chance I’ll ever win the lottery. I can’t even pick the winning Sleep Number. Ten more minutes tick off the clock ... FULL STORY


Backstory:

  • My Version
    My wife doesn't remember this ... or so she says. Wildlife adventures have created much drama in our 13-year marriage.
    Exhibit One: The Girl Who Cried Wolf

  • Got Insomnia?
    Me too. Not sure if it's restless leg syndrome, the bed, the pillow, the imperfect sleeping temperature, the itchy sheets, the fridge (amazing how loud the compressor gets at 1 AM).

  • Midnight Tea
    Nothing tops Organic Throat Coat (R), but don't buy it if you don't like licorice.

  • Things That Go Bump in the Night
    Somewhere in the past decade, I turned into my dad: I now walk around the house, turning EVERYTHING off. My greatest accomplishment in the past year is outfitting the hallways and kitchen with LED night lights. Before then, my wife left the light on above the stove ALL NIGHT LONG. 100 watts illuminating the nothingness for 8 hours a night. It nearly killed me.

  • Sleeping Angels
    I remember being a kid ... Being a Little Kid is Tough. There are too many naps when you are a kid and not enough when you are an adult.



ifguyscouldtalk@hotmail.com

No comments: