Sunday, October 26, 2008

Beware the Gateway Movie

For many hardcore movie buffs, "The Wizard of Oz" tops the list of all-time cinematic blockbusters. Others give "Gone with the Wind" the nod. Not me. My favorite blockbuster for 2 decades was "Star Wars" (which I saw at the age of 7). Was, I say, until recently ... FULL STORY

The REAL Story:

  • Jane (Austen) on the Brain
    Yep. Still guilty. Reading "Persuasion" now, and, for the record, it is NOT as engaging as "Sense and Sensibility" and "Pride and Prejudice." Next up: "Emma" ... methinks.
  • Lump-in-the-Throaters
    I'm guilty of lumping on all 5 movies listed in this article ... AND, of course, the play "You are a Good Man Charlie Brown."
  • Over-the-Top Lump-in-the-Throaters
    Occasionally, Hollywood makes a movie so well, so realistic, so depressing, that I will NEVER watch it again, unless forced. For me, this includes: "The Color Purple," "Saving Private Ryan," "Schindler's List," and "Castaway."
  • A Little Music with that Column?
    CLICK HERE

  • Sign Up Here for the Good Stuff
    If you'd like the weekly column emailed to you, let me know at the email address below. Also ... check out my
    Facebook page by querying "Rob Taylor columnist" ... I'm the dude with the killer mullet. Free mugs & t-shirts for all fan club members when I get rich.


ifguyscouldtalk@hotmail.com

No comments: