Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Inspirational Peanuts: Readers Respond

"LOVE the Peanuts holiday shows: The Great Pumpkin...the sad little Christmas tree... and that familiar song Schroeder played while all of the Peanuts gang danced. Even though I'm pushing 40, I still become a kid when I watch the shows. And, with my girls now ages 15 and 11, I also can see Pigpen in my kids...and their rooms, Linus when they sleep with their blankies and Lucy when they're oogling over that certain crush or hit a mood swing. Maybe Peanuts wasn't so much for entertainment purposes but to educate us on different personalities and how to all play nice together." - Wicked Wendy

"What's better than to watch an NFL Monday Night Football game with the reigning undefeated NY Giants getting beat by the struggling Cleveland Browns?? I didn't watch a single play ... my 7 year old asked me to read her a book ... having her fall asleep on my shoulder as I read her the "Dinosaurs before dark" is much better than any football game ... even the Superbowl! I agree with you Rob on the "Desperately Seeking Inspirational Peanuts" theme ... however ... my favorite comic strip growing up was "Beetle Bailey". Maybe I felt related to "Private Bailey" or maybe it was "Camp Swampy". So far you are batting 1000 ... your articles are World Series Material ... when you get syndicated please don't rename the title to "Dear Rob". - Jon in Jacksonville

No comments: