Friday, October 24, 2008

Dr. F.E. Minist Chimes In

Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men. ~Joseph Conrad

Good relationships are based on equality. Of course individual perceptions of equality vary greatly. Is taking care of the outside chores equal to taking care of the inside chores? Why is one parent a caretaker and the other a babysitter when it comes to having the kids alone? Why does one person get waited on hand and foot when they are sick and the other person still manages to take care of everyone else first before themselves when they are sick? Who hasn't "milked" it a bit from time to time? I know many of my mother to be friends have! Only you can answer these questions based on your needs and experiences. And I certainly urge you to examine the equality in your relationship. For me personally, I have to say, if I had the chance to lay on the couch, watch the Bronco's play and get a 3-hour back rub, I would certainly say that equalizes a few things!

- Dr. F.E. Minist
- Photo by JuLee Brand

No comments: