Sunday, September 7, 2008

Chipping Away at the 401 K

It’s 6:35 a.m. Monday morning.
I’m next in line at Starbucks, salivating like Pavlov’s dog.

I drove here on autopilot, I think, in my “shock-value green” Mazda. It’s even greener than people think: 40 MPG without a drop of ethanol ...
FULL STORY


The Real Story:

  • Name that Barista
    Mum's the word RE: the Starbucks barista who offered me "a cup of spit." Surely, her "Legendary Service" pin would be at risk. Her legendary staus is safe with me ... she ALWAYS gets my coffee right.


  • Starbucks: Take 2
    This is my 2nd column about Starbucks. One reader was so disturbed by the first Starbucks column (Coffee Snobs) that he emailed me and told me that I was ruining my daughter's brain development every time she snuck a sip. He included references to scientific journals in his email.


  • Got Financial Advice?
    Indianapolis financial guru (and Minot High School Class of '87 alum)
    Carolyn LaFavers inspired the character in this story. Her mantra: "People tell me they can't afford a financial advisor; I tell them they can't afford NOT to have one. She has worked for Edward Jones for 6 years and change.

  • Behold the Man Purse
    I was accused of toting one 5 years ago. It looked like a growth trying to burst out of my back pocket. Back then, I carried photos, every discount card imaginable, spare car keys and sometimes even money. I caught heck over the "man purse" in the locker room though and eventually downsized to a money clip.


  • Laugh-Out-Loud, Pee-My-Pants Funny Stories
    Do tell! PUH-leeze ... I am ALWAYS scrounging for new column ideas.


ifguyscouldtalk@hotmail.com

No comments: