Friday, September 12, 2008

When a Man Loves a Germaphobe

“What a waste of ink,” Joy Allday mumbled, closing the Oprah Magazine, carefully avoiding the fingerprints on the cover. The deal killer? When the “Confrontation for Sissies” article deteriorated into a Latin root word analysis - an exercise that she had avoided since college ... FULL STORY

The Real Story:

  • Joy Allday: Fact or Fiction
    While trolling Facebook for friends, acquaintances and potential readers (you too can be my Facebook bud, find me under "Rob Taylor columnist"; I'm the dude with the mullet), I happened upon the greatest name since Snow White: "Hope Allday." Can you think of a more perfect name? I can't. I don't know Hope, but her surname was far too good to pass up.

  • A Tale of 2 Germaphobes
    Joy Allday is a composite of 2 readers: Suzie in Phoenix and Angela in Chicago. Both married. Both Germaphobes. Both fighting the good fight with an array of cleaning products. They introduced me to their bizarre and amusing worlds.

  • Hamstrung by the Word Limit
    There's SO much more to this story. It nearly killed me, but due to column length restrictions, I had to leave out Suzie's "hovering technique." My guess is that it will surface sometime in the future.

  • Feeling the Love for Michael Bolton
    What do Bolton, Celine Dion and Barry Manilow have in common (other than extraordinary noses)? They seem to fall in love within 10 seconds of every song ... just my take.

  • Pop Up Wipes ... Da' BOMB
    According to Suzie, there's nothing better on the market. Her passion for the wipes inspired me to post her remarks on my Facebook page. One of my Facebook friends TOTALLY agreed with Suzie's assessment and echoed her sentiments.

  • Chipping Away ... a Final Thought
    One reader wrote, "LOVED the article last week. It made me laugh - mostly because you pay more for coffee than I pay to fuel up my pink motor scooter."

CORRECTION:

COMING SOON:

  • How Ya' DO-in'? Really ... Answering Life's MOST Essential Question

  • Dialing 9-1-1, Living with the Consequences
  • It's Me, Your Thirst Pain Talking, Saying, "Feel the Burn"
  • Train Wrecks, Interventions and the FREAKING Dairy Dip
  • Warm Memories of Hot Soup
  • When "Thank You" Doesn't Quite Cut It

Join the "If Guys Could Talk" FAN CLUB. Don't miss out! Email ifguyscouldtalk@hotmail.com to join, and I'll email you the link to EVERY NEW story. Life-changing free mugs & t-shirts for ALL fan members when I get rich ...

No comments: