Monday, September 22, 2008

How Ya' DO-in' ... Really?

It’s the stuff of fortune cookies, a nickel’s worth of psychiatric help and any noteworthy call to war: seizing the day. When’s the last time you did?

Been a while for me, but I remember what it looks like, thanks to Tuffy, a Boston Terrier with vision.

My landlord and I walked in on his creation one day ... FULL STORY

The Real Story:
  • Playing Sock with a Boston Terrier
    Tuffy would clamp on to one end of a tube sock, and I would lift him off the ground by the other. THEN - suspended in the air - he would violently shake his head. Boston Terriers are often referred to as the "American Gentlemen" of dogs due to their pleasant personalities. I can't argue that. Tuffy loved to play sock, eat table scraps and snuggle up next to you on the couch for an ear scratch. I loved that dog.
  • The Sugar Canister Incident
    Really happened. I ran down to the basement for an unrestrained chuckle, while my landlord screamed in anger and performed a room-to-room Tuffy hunt. When she found him shaking under the bed, she gave a spirited lecture (including a finger wagging) about his misdeeds and the sanctity of the kitchen.
  • Who's that Girl .... Gianna?
    I have been sworn to secrecy. However, beware those who claim to have attained perfection.
  • Shenanigan Reality Check: True or False
    Taco Bell - true. Camera borrowing - true. Fortune cookie routine - true (NOTE: fortune cookies are a recurring theme ... click here). However, these antics cannot be attributed solely to one person.
  • How Ya' DO-in .... REALLY
    This story originally featured Granby, CO llama-owner Gretchen Reynolds, the inspiration behind the famous "bedsheets" column. Gretchen just smoked me this past week in fantasy football ... GRRRR. Gretchen is "marvelous" every day, except the day her McDonald's double cheeseburger lunch was late in arriving. In this article, I decided to focus on Gianna, Miss "Perfect", instead of Miss "Marvelous."
  • Join the Club
    If you would like this link emailed to you every week, give me a shout at
    ifguyscouldtalk@hotmail.com. And feel free to look me up on Facebook ... query "Rob Taylor columnist" ... I'm the dude with the killer mullet.
  • Weekly Blog Lineup
    Friday - Readers Respond
    Saturday - Dr. F.E. Minist
    Saturday - Wicked Wendy

No comments: