Monday, November 17, 2008

Dr. You-Better-Watch-Your-Back

It’s step one: admitting the problem. So, here goes: Iatrophobia. There. I said it. That’s my problem … fear of going to the doctor. Before you tell me to “suck it up,” call me a wimp and fling the Book of Macho at me, consider this ... FULL STORY

The REAL Story:
  • Your 1st Childhood Memory
    It's true, mine was a nightmare. I recently conducted an informal survey of 10 people, asking them if their first memory was good or bad. Answer: 5 good, 5 bad. Most had their first memory at the age of 3.

  • RE: Dentists and Optometrists
    Lately, my luck has changed for the better, thanks to Silk's Dental Hygiene and Winter Park Optical (both in Winter Park, Colo.). Last time I left the dentist, my bib didn't even have blood on it and they told me my gums were improving (I think someone missed the "don't forget to scare the crap out of him memo"). Last eye exam, I even talked the good doctor out of shooting air in my eye.

  • History Repeats Itself
    Even if, personally, I didn't have a bad rap with the helping professions, history tells us that they used to bleed people, saw off limbs, prescribe laxatives for almost any ailment. Today's doctors/surgeons still occasionally amputate the wrong limb or "accidentally" drop a surgical instrument somewhere under the skin before sewing up patients. Yikes!

  • A Little Music with That Column?
    CLICK HERE for this week's theme song.

email: ifguyscouldtalk@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob,

Being your friend, I feel I can safely say this...latrophobia is not your only problem.

Sincerely,
ND Attitude