Monday, November 10, 2008

Oops! Dialing 9-1-1 ... with Regrets

If Mary's life were ethically cloned, sectioned, quartered and packaged for public consumption, no one would envy the individual parts. But with platinum blond hair, real fingernails, perfect eyebrows and a killer... FULL STORY

The REAL Story:
  • Something About Mary
    Mary is the legendary Stick-Girl - eater of 1/2 a donut, able to call half a crouton a meal.Though the Mary in this story is not Stick Girl, Stick Girl DID feed me this story. For that, I am indebted. I am always on the prowl for something print-worthy.

  • Something About Bank Tellers
    Some of the nicest people I have ever met, are bank tellers, especially the bank tellers at U.S. Bank in Granby. The free Friday cookies are also a crowd-pleaser. I always wonder if good customer service reps get tired of smiling, tired of being nice. The good ones will never admit it. CLICK HERE for one of my all-time favorite stories about a bank teller. Special thanks to Carolyn LaFavers, my financial guru, a former banker, for the inside scoop on the Dum Dums.

  • One Thing About Knives
    Ben Franklin, perhaps, said it best: "There was never a good knife made out of bad steel." Funny. Charming, but personally, I'm more of a John Adams kind of guy.

  • A Little Music with that Column
    CLICK HERE for this week's theme song.


ifguyscouldtalk@hotmail.com

No comments: